Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's Good to be a Dad...

As often as I can I try to get to an MMA class that I have been going to for about a year and a half. It is a lot of fun (sort of like fight club for "civilized" adults) and run by a great guy named Mike Kimsey. Friday night is open mat night so my brother and I brought our sons along to roll on the mats and jump on the trampolines that are there for the gymnastics classes.

It was awesome! Completely awesome! My son and I, lots of manliness, and no one to tell us to stop or clean up. I really think he was more excited to go to MMA than recent trips to Disneyland. His bag was all packed the night before and made sure a couple of times that his boxing gloves were in there. There was much bonding and it is always good to see your boy really looking forward to fighting and jumping and fighting and jumping. BTW he slept really good that night.

Rivers Edge MMA is a great place and with a bunch of great guys who never quite got all of the wrestling out of their system from high school. Here is a little video I put together for the gym if you want to see the gloriousness:

No comments: