Sunday, February 24, 2008

A really good night...

And it had nothing to do with the fact that "No Country..." won for best picture and director although I was glad that the academy finally agreed with ME for once; who in their right mind would pick, "Shakespeare in Love" over "Saving Private Ryan" please.

I digress, and a bitter rant over the failings of a finicky elite does not bode well against such a splendid evening as we enjoyed tonight. First, my good friend and his wife came over so us bros could bottle my homemade brew (only one more week to go) and the Gals could catch up. Shortly before they arrived however, I found a packet of active dry yeast in my pantry and became immediately inspired. Having just seen the Good Eats episode on pretzel making I knew this was divine inspiration.

Before long and without much planning we found ourselves in the middle of a great night. The pretzels were great and everyone got to make their own, my wife made an awesome stew, and the beer transfer seems to have been a success (only time will tell now). Good people, good food, and a good time, that was the best recipe of the whole evening.

No comments: