Thursday, May 29, 2008

Business School in a box...


Having never been to business school myself I can only postulate as too what goes on in the hallowed halls of academia. Of course that is not the purpose of my posting here; rather it is my personal findings about conducting business:

1. It is going to cost more than you think it is going to cost

2. It is going to take longer than you think it is going to take

3. You are going to make less than you think you are going to make

At first glance these are pretty fatalistic axioms, however if you can find something that is worth doing while accepting these guidelines you will do pretty good. Anytime I have ever done something purely for the money it has proved to be a pretty horrendous experience. Now that is not to say that these are hard and fast rules without exception. It is simply the fact that you can't bet on stupendous success as an outcome, you can hope, but the better plan is more firmly based in the aforementioned parameters.

PS- Later I will talk about the nasty little word that almost killed any success that I have ever had.

No comments: